The Arkansas Gas Association (AGA) is offering scholarships to assist the students with tuition, fees, books and on-campus room and board. The Scholarship program is only open to dependents of employees of AGA member companies who are in good standing and will be a freshman in pursuit of an undergraduate degree at a two- or four-year accredited college, university or technical school in the fall of 2019.
Click here to download the AGA Scholarship Application (PDF format)
All questions should be directed to the AGA office by calling (225) 767-7640 or emailing AGA@tatmangroup.com.
Terms and Conditions
AGA will award several $1,000 scholarships in 2019. The number of scholarships each year may vary.
AGA will award scholarships to the applicants judged to be the most worthy by the Scholarship Selection Committee. This committee is made up of a cross-section of members from AGA member categories. The selections made by the Scholarship Selection Committee are approved by the AGA Board of Directors and will be final.
Applicants must submit the following data for consideration:
- A completed application. An incomplete application will not be considered.
- A one (1) page essay that addresses the following points:
- Concise explanation of the type and amount of non-paid involvement in community service, the length of involvement, the reasons for participation and the personal rewards received from these activities.
- Why you believe you deserve this scholarship.
- Concise discussion of what goals this scholarship award will help you to attain. The entire essay must be typed, and may not exceed one page in length.
- Your most recent cumulative high school transcript showing your GPA.
- A recommendation letter from a teacher, coach, principal or pastor explaining why they believe you deserve this scholarship.
Payment of the scholarship will be made by check and presented to each award recipient prior to the start of the fall semester. Providing the student has submitted proof of registration to a qualified school of their choice. Scholarship recipients will be recognized at the AGA Annual Conference, being held in October 2019.
Applications, essays and the recommendations must be postmarked no later than Friday, March 15, 2019. The application package must be submitted via U.S. Mail to:
Arkansas Gas Association
Scholarship Selection Committee
PO Box 82531
Baton Rouge, LA 70884